Zelenskyy says that Russia has begun a renewed offensive in eastern Ukraine. While France and Slovenia head to the polls.
The April offensive has begun according to the President.
- On 24 April France will be heading to the polls for the runoff election between Macron and Le Pen. Read more about the French CEE policy.
- On 24 April Slovenia will be holding its parliamentary elections.
- On 19 April the newly established Inquiry Committee on the use of Pegasus and equivalent surveillance spyware starts its work. The committee will consider alleged breaches of EU law in the use of spyware by, among others, Hungary and Poland.
- From 18 to 24 April EP Committee meetings are being held in Brussels. The Chair of the Humanitarian Committee of Ukraine’s Verkhovna Rada, Mykyta Poturayev, will speak with Development Committee MEPs about the devastating humanitarian consequences of the Russian invasion. The European Commission and humanitarian organisations active in Ukraine will also take part in the debate.
- The Women’s Rights and Civil Liberties committees will hold a hearing on the situation of women refugees from Ukraine, while the Employment and Social Affairs and Legal Affairs Committees will debate the risk of the illegal adoption of Ukrainian children with the Children’s Rights Coordinator Ewa Kopacz.
- The Foreign Affairs Committee will discuss the impact and effectiveness of western sanctions on Russia, as well as the opportunity to expand them.
- The Foreign Affairs Committee will vote to assess the progress achieved by Albania and North Macedonia on their path to EU membership and will discuss the state of play for Serbia and Kosovo.
The Second Phase of War