As military exercises begin in Belarus NATO sends troops to the eastern flank.
This Week On Visegrad Insight:
- Biró Marianna explains the upcoming rule of law decision by the European Court of Justice (ECJ).
- Ádám Kolozsi explores party politics and electoral strategies in Hungary.
- Andrej Matisak looks into recent protests in Slovakia.
- Our Report Russian Invasion of Ukraine.
- From 14 to 16 February the European Parliament will hold a debate on European Security with Foreign Policy Chief Josep Borrell on the current Russian Ukrainan tensions and the latest diplomatic attempts to de-escalate the situation. On 16 February afternoon Commission President von der Leyen will debate on the rule of law question after the ECJ rules on the complaint filed by Poland and Hungary.
- On 16 February the ECJ is expected to rule upon the complaint over the rule of law by Poland and Hungary. If the verdict is against Poland and Hungary the Commission will be under further pressure by the European Parliament and other forces to restrict the flow of funds from the EU to Poland and Hungary.
Rule of Law Verdict